We’re delighted that the candy factory’s been voted the country’s favourite new development, since it shows that people really do set a lot of store by the restoration of architecture that’s of cultural and historical value.
“Klausson’s without doubt the most unique and idiosyncratic development project on the market at the moment,” remarked Endover Kinnisvara’s marketing director Kristel Laud. “After all, it’s an old candy factory that’s been turned into a home for trendy lofts with high ceilings and tasteful interiors. It’s great timing that it’s won the award right now, because the first buildings in the development are due for completion in May, meaning the first residents will be moving in very soon. A few of the homes in the development are still available as well.”
The Klausson Candy Factory complex represents a distinctive combination of architecture old and new. The buildings which are being restored were originally constructed in 1904 and for more than a century found use, as the name suggests, as a factory producing sweets. In the course of their detailed reconstruction the stunning architecture has been given a new lease on life with stylish lofts marked out by their high ceilings, arched windows and authentic slate and brick walls.
- Arched windows with chequered panes
- Ceilings up to 4.6 metres high
- Stylish loft-type apartments
- Spacious balconies and terraces
- Natural, high-quality finishing materials
- Split-level planning
- Eye-catching interior walls made from slate and brick
The buildings are linked by a landscaped courtyard with a herb garden, relaxation spaces, a playground and a barbecue area. Thanks to the underground parking, the courtyard is safe for the factory’s littlest residents to run around in. Covered areas in the courtyard also provide plenty of parking space for bicycle lovers, with further space available in the storage room on the parking level.
- A multifunctional courtyard featuring a barbecue area, relaxation spaces and a pergola
- A garden for residents to grow their favourite herbs and spices
- Convenient underground parking
- A safe play area for children in the enclosed courtyard
- Covered parking areas for bicycles in the courtyard
- Store room for bicycles and baby carriages
- Entry gate and underground car park door both operated by remote control
- Pedestrian gate with video intercom
- Courtyard surrounded by high fence
The Klausson Kommivabrik is situated in the most sought-after location in Kalamaja, on the city-centre side of the neighbourhood close to the Old Town, the sea and the historical district of the Creative Hub. Whether you work or go to school in the city centre, or just fancy a bit of shopping or a bite to eat in the Old Town, a 10-minute walk will take you there.
- Shopping centres, cultural and entertainment venues and educational institutions within walking distance
- Safe and convenient connections on foot, by bike, by car and on public transport
- Close to the city centre and Old Town
- Within an easy stroll of the sea and waterfront promenade
- The city’s trendiest residential district
- A lively and pro-active local community
- Surrounded by some of the city’s best eating and cultural venues
- Transport hubs close by – the railway station, passenger port and bus terminal